Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Quitting

Other than free tasting in malls, cutting classes to play Counterstrike, copying wrong answers during exams, I like to do a lot of things, things that at first, I thought would be my forte..

I once enrolled in Aikido and I thought I was the best at first but then came other people who were actually better, stronger, faster and I found myself quitting..

There was a time when jj (my gf) and I enrolled in Dancing classes. At first we were actually excited, we bought shoes, we even performed in the Recital but then I saw many kids and people same age as mine who were actually better.. not better, they are actually the best.. and I found myself quitting again..

I remembered when I was in High School I joined CAT to become an officer but then after all the push ups, sit ups, duck walks and squats for 5 months, I quit again..

Until now I still don't know where to focus, that I still want to do everything... Sometimes I feel like being a wedding musician with my violin.. other times I feel like training to be the best in Badminton and Table Tennis and join tournaments... but then with what I'm seeing in youtube and in Tampines stadium, there are so many people above me.. there are so many people who are better if not the best.. I feel like quitting again...

But no! I'm not quitting again.. I wanted to do these things because I like doing them. Not because I want to surpass everyone else but because I like them. I'm not quitting again..

It's fun to play with the strings of the violin, it's fun to smash the shuttlecock, it's hard to hit the pingpong ball, it's hard to be a pointguard, it's fun to look for free tastes in malls, it's hard to copy someone's answer, but it's harder to copy if what you're copying is wrong haha, it's hard to strategize in Chess, it's cool to be a biker, a swimmer, a dota player, a writer, a lover, a blogger, a programmer, a listener, a video editor, and most of all, it's not cool to be a quitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment