Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pulau ubin experience ~ Singapore

Saturday, Apr 30 2011, this is the day when we plan to go to Pulau ubin. Around 9-10 am Pattie (my friend) called me telling us to cancel our trip because of what she read in the reviews. If only Chrissa(our friend) had her passport with her, we would've gone to bali or malaysia instead. We were already booked in a resort that time ~ Celestial Resort.

The reviews that we read tells us that the place is infested with human-sized mosquitoes, the resort does not have a swimming pool, the man made lake is very dirty, unfriendly resort personnel etc. I was really planning on cancelling our trip but later on we still decided to go.

We rode a ferry (@2.50 sgd 1-way) at Changi, then after 30 mins we got off at Pulau ubin island, a place in Singapore where you can see stray dogs running around, no hdbs anywhere, people usually call this the Old Singapore. Then we rented a van going to Celestial Resort.
We arrived and checked in at the resort and what we've read in the reviews were correct. The woman at the frontdesk was not very accomodating, the lake for me is dirty and I had mosquito bites already in my arms & legs. The rooms were big, place was clean although a bit run down.

Anyway, we rented a bike (@10 sgd each) then we went outside, racing. Maynard (a friend and an asshole, a real one) was left behind because he does not know how to ride a bike! ROFL! We left him like the good friends we are! haha. But we first taught him how to ride the bike before we left him. So we really are nice. I think so.



After our biking activity we had buffet dinner at Celestial then went to the fish spa. This was my first time and I thought I won't be able to dip my foot in the water. :)) Whenever you will put your feet into the water the little fishes will come swarming your feet and hell, it was very ticklish. Me and my friends wasted 30 mins of our time laughing & screaming before we finally got over that ticklish feeling. :)) Fish Spa was (@10 sgd per hour).

After that we gathered and drank our tequila bottles until we got tired and went on to bed to rest.

The next day we had free breakfast care of the resort, packed up the finally went home.

Well what can I say about Pulau ubin? It's not that great but it's not that bad also. Pulau ubin is not a place for swimming. It's more of like a place for biking and trekking. An all day tour should be enough. I don't recommend overnights. As you can tour this island in 1 day and the resort isn't that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment